Serving clients in Salem and the surrounding area
Oregon Estate Planning Attorney
Jonathan P. Bacsalmasi
Jonathan P. Bacsalmasi is an attorney at Collier Law focusing on Estate Planning, Medicaid Planning, Probate, and Trust Administration Matters. He guides clients through the estate planning process to ensure their affairs and long-term goals are in order while also accounting for problematic family dynamics. In probate and trust administration matters, he assists clients and families through the transition period of settling a loved one’s estate.
Jonathan may have grown up in Arizona, but he is now happy to call Oregon home. Jonathan’s affection for the Pacific Northwest began at a young age with his family’s annual trips to their cabin on the Oregon coast. After graduating from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Science in Psychology, Jonathan relocated to the Pacific Northwest to attend Willamette University College of Law with intentions of placing permanent roots in Oregon.
Jonathan is passionate about working in collaboration with clients to create an estate plan that anticipates and protects their current needs, while also protecting family assets for future generations.
Jonathan currently lives in Portland, dividing his time between both Salem and Portland office locations. His presence in Portland allows him to better serve our clients based in the Portland area. In his free time, he enjoys sports, hiking, reading, and traveling to visit family throughout the West Coast.
Education and Admissions
- Oregon State Bar, 2017
- Willamette University College of Law, Salem, Oregon, JD, 2016
- University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, BS, Major: Psychology, 2012
Honors and Activities
- Marion County Bar Association, Member, 2017 to present
- Oregon Estate Bar Estate Planning Section, Member, 2017 to present
- Salem Young Professionals, 2017 to present
- Wills for Heroes, November 2017
- Mid-Valley Tax Forum, 2016 to present
- Willamette Valley Estate Planning Council, 2016 to present
- Willamette University College of Law, Merit Scholarship Recipient, 2013-2016
- The University of Arizona, Graduated with Honors, 2010-2012